Through 3 Quarters
Down four at the end of last quarter, the Golden State Warriors have now snagged the lead. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Atlanta Hawks as the Warriors lead 104-88.
Point guard Stephen Curry has taken over for Golden State, currently boasting 42 points (40% of their total) and nine dimes along with six rebounds. Those points put Chef Curry near his season high of 45.
Point guard Trae Young has led the way so far for Atlanta, as he has 28 points and eight assists.
Atlanta has lost 100% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Atlanta @ Golden State
Current Records: Atlanta 4-6; Golden State 8-1
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors haven’t won a contest against the Atlanta Hawks since Dec. 3 of 2018, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Monday. The Warriors are getting right back to it as they host Atlanta at 10 p.m. ET Nov. 8 at Chase Center. The Dubs have the odds in their favor, so they’ll need to guard against complacency.
While not quite a landslide, the matchup between the Dubs and the Houston Rockets on Sunday was still a pretty decisive one as the Dubs wrapped it up with a 120-107 victory at home. Shooting guard Jordan Poole and point guard Stephen Curry were among the main playmakers for the Dubs as the former had 25 points and five assists and the latter had 20 points.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought game, but Atlanta had to settle for a 121-117 defeat against the Phoenix Suns this past Saturday. Despite the loss, Atlanta had strong showings from power forward John Collins, who dropped a double-double on 26 points and ten rebounds, and point guard Trae Young, who posted a double-double on 31 points and 13 assists.
Golden State’s win lifted them to 8-1 while Atlanta’s loss dropped them down to 4-6. We’ll see if Golden State can repeat their recent success or if Atlanta bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: Bally Sports – Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $34.77
The Warriors are a 3.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 2.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won eight out of their last 11 games against Atlanta.
- Apr 04, 2021 – Atlanta 117 vs. Golden State 111
- Mar 26, 2021 – Atlanta 124 vs. Golden State 108
- Dec 02, 2019 – Atlanta 104 vs. Golden State 79
- Dec 03, 2018 – Golden State 128 vs. Atlanta 111
- Nov 13, 2018 – Golden State 110 vs. Atlanta 103
- Mar 23, 2018 – Golden State 106 vs. Atlanta 94
- Mar 02, 2018 – Golden State 114 vs. Atlanta 109
- Mar 06, 2017 – Golden State 119 vs. Atlanta 111
- Nov 28, 2016 – Golden State 105 vs. Atlanta 100
- Mar 01, 2016 – Golden State 109 vs. Atlanta 105
- Feb 22, 2016 – Golden State 102 vs. Atlanta 92
Injury Report for Golden State
- Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Foot)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)