Orlando @ Minnesota
Current Records: Orlando 1-6; Minnesota 3-2
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves’ homestand continues as they prepare to take on the Orlando Magic at 8 p.m. ET Nov. 1 at Target Center. The Timberwolves are out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
Minnesota was close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 93-91 to the Denver Nuggets. The top scorer for Minnesota was shooting guard Malik Beasley (18 points).
Meanwhile, Orlando came up short against the Detroit Pistons this past Saturday, falling 110-103. Small forward Franz Wagner (19 points) was the top scorer for Orlando.
Minnesota is the favorite in this one, with an expected 9-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 1-3 against the spread when favored.
The losses put the Timberwolves at 3-2 and the Magic at 1-6. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Minnesota ranks fourth in the league when it comes to steals per game, with 10.8 on average. Less enviably, Orlando has allowed their opponents an average of 10.4 steals per game, the second most in the league. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.00
The Timberwolves are a big 9-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 9-point spread, and stayed right there.
Orlando have won seven out of their last 12 games against Minnesota.
- May 09, 2021 – Minnesota 128 vs. Orlando 96
- Jan 20, 2021 – Orlando 97 vs. Minnesota 96
- Mar 06, 2020 – Orlando 132 vs. Minnesota 118
- Feb 28, 2020 – Orlando 136 vs. Minnesota 125
- Feb 07, 2019 – Orlando 122 vs. Minnesota 112
- Jan 04, 2019 – Minnesota 120 vs. Orlando 103
- Jan 16, 2018 – Orlando 108 vs. Minnesota 102
- Nov 22, 2017 – Minnesota 124 vs. Orlando 118
- Jan 30, 2017 – Minnesota 111 vs. Orlando 105
- Nov 09, 2016 – Minnesota 123 vs. Orlando 107
- Dec 01, 2015 – Orlando 96 vs. Minnesota 93
- Nov 18, 2015 – Orlando 104 vs. Minnesota 101