Western Michigan @ Northern Illinois
Current Records: Western Michigan 6-5; Northern Illinois 8-3
What to Know
The Western Michigan Broncos and the Northern Illinois Huskies are even-steven against one another since November of 2015 (3-3), but not for long. WMU and the Huskies will face off in a Mid-American battle at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium. With a combined 978 yards of offense in their previous games, we can expect a fast-paced game.
It’s always hard to lose, and it’s even harder to lose by a single point. Just ask the Broncos, the unfortunate recipient of a 22-21 defeat at the hands of the Eastern Michigan Eagles on Tuesday. WR Skyy Moore put forth a good effort for the losing side as he caught 12 passes for one TD and 181 yards. Moore’s performance made up for a slower contest against the Akron Zips last Tuesday.
Speaking of close games: it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Huskies ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Wednesday with a 33-27 victory over the Buffalo Bulls. The score was all tied up at the break 10-10, but NIU was the better team in the second half. WR Trayvon Rudolph was the offensive standout of the matchup for NIU, punching in one rushing touchdown in addition to catching four passes for 80 yards. That touchdown — a 75-yard rush in the second quarter — was one of the highlights of the matchup.
The Broncos are now 6-5 while NIU sits at 8-3. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: WMU is 216th worst in the nation in passing touchdowns allowed, with 22 on the season. The Huskies have experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the game with the 239th most rushing touchdowns allowed in the nation, having given up 29 on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium — DeKalb, Illinois
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Northern Illinois and Western Michigan both have three wins in their last six games.
- Nov 28, 2020 – Western Michigan 30 vs. Northern Illinois 27
- Nov 26, 2019 – Northern Illinois 17 vs. Western Michigan 14
- Nov 20, 2018 – Western Michigan 28 vs. Northern Illinois 21
- Nov 15, 2017 – Northern Illinois 35 vs. Western Michigan 31
- Oct 08, 2016 – Western Michigan 45 vs. Northern Illinois 30
- Nov 18, 2015 – Northern Illinois 27 vs. Western Michigan 19