Western Michigan @ Eastern Michigan
Current Records: Western Michigan 6-4; Eastern Michigan 6-4
What to Know
The Western Michigan Broncos have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Eastside and Westside will square off on Tuesday when the Eastern Michigan Eagles and WMU meet at Rynearson Stadium at 7:30 p.m. ET. With a combined 985 yards of offense in their previous games, we can expect a fast-paced contest.
The Eagles came up short against the Ohio Bobcats on Tuesday, falling 34-26. A silver lining for EMU was the play of RB Samson Evans, who punched in two rushing touchdowns.
The Broncos decided to play defense against itself on Tuesday, but the team still came out ahead despite their 90 penalty yards. They got past the Akron Zips with less than a touchdown to spare, ending up at 45-40. WMU’s RB Sean Tyler was on fire, rushing for one TD and 147 yards on 16 carries in addition to snatching one receiving TD.
EMU and WMU now sit at an identical 6-4. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Eagles are 222nd worst in the nation in rushing touchdowns allowed, with 21 on the season. The Broncos have experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 224th most passing touchdowns allowed in the nation, having given up 21 on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Rynearson Stadium — Ypsilanti, Michigan
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Western Michigan have won four out of their last six games against Eastern Michigan.
- Dec 05, 2020 – Eastern Michigan 53 vs. Western Michigan 42
- Oct 19, 2019 – Eastern Michigan 34 vs. Western Michigan 27
- Oct 06, 2018 – Western Michigan 27 vs. Eastern Michigan 24
- Oct 21, 2017 – Western Michigan 20 vs. Eastern Michigan 17
- Oct 22, 2016 – Western Michigan 45 vs. Eastern Michigan 31
- Oct 29, 2015 – Western Michigan 58 vs. Eastern Michigan 28