Eastern Michigan @ Toledo
Current Records: Eastern Michigan 5-3; Toledo 4-4
What to Know
The Eastern Michigan Eagles are 1-5 against the Toledo Rockets since October of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Tuesday. The Eagles and Toledo will face off in a Mid-American battle at 7:30 p.m. ET at Glass Bowl. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
EMU made easy work of the Bowling Green Falcons last week and carried off a 55-24 victory. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point EMU had established a 45-17 advantage. EMU QB Ben Bryant was slinging it as he passed for two TDs and 286 yards on 26 attempts in addition to punching in one rushing touchdown.
Meanwhile, the Western Michigan Broncos typically have all the answers at home, but last week Toledo proved too difficult a challenge. Toledo captured a comfortable 34-15 win. No one had a standout game offensively for the Rockets, but they got scores from WR Danzel McKinley-Lewis, WR Bryce Mitchell, and RB Micah Kelly.
The wins brought the Eagles up to 5-3 and Toledo to 4-4. With back-to-back wins few and far between for both teams — EMU is 1-3 after wins, Toledo 1-2 this season — a win will be a boon for either squad.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Glass Bowl — Toledo, Ohio
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Toledo have won five out of their last six games against Eastern Michigan.
- Nov 18, 2020 – Toledo 45 vs. Eastern Michigan 28
- Oct 26, 2019 – Toledo 37 vs. Eastern Michigan 34
- Oct 13, 2018 – Eastern Michigan 28 vs. Toledo 26
- Oct 07, 2017 – Toledo 20 vs. Eastern Michigan 15
- Oct 08, 2016 – Toledo 35 vs. Eastern Michigan 20
- Oct 17, 2015 – Toledo 63 vs. Eastern Michigan 20